Project

General

Profile

Bug #1042

Bug tracker has issue with UTF-8 and ASCII-8BIT after transition to ruby 1.9.6 and the latest stable redmine

Added by cpg about 8 years ago. Updated about 8 years ago.

Status:
Closed
Priority:
Normal
Assignee:
Category:
-
Target version:
-
Start date:
05/20/2013
Due date:
% Done:

0%


Description

The web site is experiencing an issue with character encoding. The core cause for this is that we moved from ruby 1.8.7 (slow, old) to ruby 1.9.3 (much faster and safer) recently.

At the moment we thought we had fixed this by flushing the cache from old page fragments that had ASCII vs UTF. That worked on the main site and ought to have worked on the bug tracker.

At the moment I cannot reproduce the error myself with chrome or firefox. The issue appears on #1039 and at least two people can see it. Here is the error we see in the logs:

ActionView::Template::Error (incompatible character encodings: UTF-8 and ASCII-8BIT):
    78:
    79:   <p><strong><%=l(:field_description)%></strong></p>
    80:   <div class="wiki">
    81:   <%= textilizable @issue, :description, :attachments => @issue.attachments %>
    82:   </div>
    83: </div>
    84: <% end %>
  app/views/issues/show.html.erb:81:in `_app_views_issues_show_html_erb__2231636365521857380_58841960'
  app/controllers/issues_controller.rb:121:in `block (2 levels) in show'
  app/controllers/issues_controller.rb:118:in `show'

this issue 1039 does not appear to have attachments, so one might conclude that the problem is with the description?

I edited it but it does not seem to help me either see the issue or help others NOT get it.

.. still investigating.

History

#1 Updated by cpg about 8 years ago

  • Subject changed from Bug tracker has issue with to Bug tracker has issue with UTF-8 and ASCII-8BIT after transition to ruby 1.9.6 and the latest stable redmine

#2 Updated by cpg about 8 years ago

  • Status changed from Assigned to Feedback
  • Assignee set to bigfoot65

please take a look and test now, since i cannot reproduce it.

i found that the mysql adapter matters and changed to mysql2 now (http://www.redmine.org/issues/13852). close it if it's fixed.

#3 Updated by bigfoot65 about 8 years ago

  • Status changed from Feedback to Closed

Works...closing.

Also available in: Atom