Project

General

Profile

Bug #1087

CouchPotato Install fails amahi 7.1.0-1

Added by nez about 8 years ago. Updated about 8 years ago.

Status:
Closed
Priority:
Normal
Assignee:
Category:
Apps
Target version:
Start date:
08/15/2013
Due date:
% Done:

100%


Description

The installation of couchpotato seams to say it is installed. Then when going to localhost:5050 the server is not found. Yet the service is running when I scan running services.

After pulling the latest from git in /tmp folder and moving over the following files:

- CouchPotato.py
- couchpotato/
- contributing.md
- libs/
- version.py

with out restarting the service, I went to localhost:5050 and it worked just fine.

- Amahi 7.1.0-1 easy install
- ESXi 5.1 server

app install log file:
======= app install begin 2013-08-15 15:34:58 -0400 ==========
Installing app id r70fzy414f under /var/hda/platform/html ENV=production
file /var/hda/tmp/amahi-download-cache/452209a343f72fb4dc5e2ccf3db6ca0b275384eb picked up from cache.
Your HDA services have been restarted.
Your HDA services have been restarted.
Fixing init script issue
Installing init.d script
Installing Amahi specific settings in sysconfig
Reloading systemctl daemon
Enabling couchpotato.service
couchpotato.service is not a native service, redirecting to /sbin/chkconfig.
Executing /sbin/chkconfig couchpotato on
Starting couchpotato
Starting couchpotato (via systemctl): [ OK ]^M
Done!
Restarting couchpotato (via systemctl): [ OK ]^M
App: CouchPotato installed ======= app install end 2013-08-15 15:35:55 -0400 ==========

As a note after updating to the latest Amahi 7.1 i am finding that the install page get hung up on most of the one click install as they are moving files for the hda. But yet they are install and ready to go.

History

#1 Updated by bigfoot65 about 8 years ago

Not sure what the issue is, but after install if you restart the service it works fine. I have moved it back into ALPHA status until we can sort it out.

Not sure if this is related to Amahi 7.1 or something else.

#2 Updated by nez about 8 years ago

bigfoot65 wrote:

Not sure what the issue is, but after install if you restart the service it works fine. I have moved it back into ALPHA status until we can sort it out.

Not sure if this is related to Amahi 7.1 or something else.

After the install the ports bind and all the files seam to be in the correct location. I started and restarted the service, and restarted the server with the no luck loading the site. It wasn't until I replaced the files I grabbed from the git to the web-apps location, it just start working. I didn't restart the service nor change anything else.
So my assumption is something thing from one of the files listed above did not get installed correctly. This was the same case on two fresh installs both 7.1.

I hope that helps, when I get time I may re-install and find exactly what files/'s are not getting installed correctly.

#3 Updated by bigfoot65 about 8 years ago

  • Status changed from New to Feedback

Updated app to the latest version. Please test it again. It worked for me.

#4 Updated by nez about 8 years ago

It worked.

Thanks

#5 Updated by bigfoot65 about 8 years ago

  • Status changed from Feedback to Closed
  • Assignee set to bigfoot65
  • Target version set to amahi-7-1
  • % Done changed from 0 to 100

Resolved. Closing.

Also available in: Atom