New ownCloud Release: Version 6.0.2
Please update ownCloud (clone) (clone) with this new release.
Several security fixes
Improved trash bin performance for deleting lots of files
Mobile interface improvements
Fix key problems in encryption mode in rare situations
Smaller LDAP improvements
Fix the keep-alive ping for non standard php session lifetimes
Cleanup storage table when deleting an entry
Fix compatibility with xsendfile mode
Fix file size calculation in encryption mode
Fix image previews in trash bin
Fix public upload with enabled enryption
Added APC enabled check
Correctly localise date in notification emails
Improve compatibility with some CIFS servers
Fix shared files and Gallery
Several Contacts compatibility improvements
Several Documents improvements
A lot of smaller bug fixes
I will test and let you know the results as soon as I can.
#7 Updated by northridgegrp over 7 years ago
- Assignee changed from northridgegrp to bigfoot65
Ok I tested this release to the best of my knowledge. I think it is fit for a production release.
Here are some exceptions:
- We still cannot upgrade from the prior release V4.5.13 to V6.0.x. Also we could not upgrade from V4.5.13 to V5.0.x, share the same code as V6.0.x for upgrades.
- The old "core" Music app from V4.x and v5.x has been deprecated. There is a new 3rd party app in ownCloud Beta at the moment. Unfortunately it must be manually installed.
- The old "ODF" viewers have been depreciated in favour of the new ownCloud 3rd part app "ownCloud Documents". This apps is going to evolve similar to Google Docs.
I don't know how we can inform users of the upgrade issue or the Music app. Most people will not read the forum or the wiki if we put up any content.
I leave this now with you guys to decide how to release it. I suggest two Amahi packages be maintained, the current production V4.5.13 and this new one that will continue to be upgraded in the owncloud V6 lifecycle.
#8 Updated by bigfoot65 over 7 years ago
- Status changed from Assigned to Feedback
- Assignee changed from bigfoot65 to cpg
I recommended we rename ownCloud to ownCloud 4 and we can make the new version ownCloud 6 to keep them separate. This will allow folks to easily migrate from 4 to 6, albeit manually.
Also available in: Atom