Project

General

Profile

Bug #1374

webapps submenu is not showing

Added by cpg over 6 years ago. Updated over 5 years ago.

Status:
Closed
Priority:
High
Assignee:
Target version:
-
Start date:
05/22/2014
Due date:
% Done:

0%


Description

the webapps submenu is not available in amahi 7 because we could not port it.

we should bring it back in amahi 8.
possibly as a plugin!

History

#1 Updated by cpg over 6 years ago

the old code is in plugins/040-apps/app/views/webapp/ and plugins/040-apps/app/views/webapp_alias/

#2 Updated by cpg over 6 years ago

  • Status changed from New to Assigned
  • Assignee set to agmps17
  • Priority changed from Normal to High

#4 Updated by cpg over 6 years ago

great job on this!

here is some small feedback, mostly UI:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/364883/Screenshots/vk_s.png

1) the separation between the subtabs and the main table of the plugin is missing. this is your elusive css/markup issue :)
2) this is a problem with the [x] in the original code -- it's ugly .. anything we can do to make it a little cleaner (e.g. use a standard bootstrap element instead of [ x and ] ?
3) need to use html_safe in the label to avoid the  
4) the access checkbox says "Sure you want to toggle the login requirement" which reads weird. oh, i just realized it's asking. "Are you sure you want to require login?" may be better
5) the labels on the left should not have colons (all of them except Aliases have a colon, this is probably historic -- we do not use colons on the labels in amahi 7)

#5 Updated by cpg over 6 years ago

we should provide another subtab to edit the basic auth settings files related to the Access control

it should be best as part of this Webapps plugin

the subtab name could be "Access control"

if you know what basic auth is, the idea is simply to manage the username/password for basic auth for all apps. not each one individually but all that have the Access checkbox checked.

the IDEAL situation would be to have a small table of users and an "Authentication Required" checkbox. HOWEVER, the basic auth requires that we know the actual password in plaintext to encode it in the basic auth password file (which is system-wide). the platform DOES NOT KNOW the password for users!

doing this would require entering the password for the user and then check it against the crypted password/salt. if it matches, it's good and then the auth file is generated. this is a best-case scenario.

basic auth is not safe, but it works.

ALTERNATIVELY (less work): simply make two fields: one for user and one for password -- this auth will be required for ALL apps that have a virtualhost and their webapp has the Access box checked. this is much less work and does not require user's passwords, so it's a little more safe in that regard (but still being unsafe).

#6 Updated by agmps17 over 6 years ago

  • Status changed from Assigned to Feedback

#7 Updated by cpg over 6 years ago

  • Status changed from Feedback to Closed

#8 Updated by cpg over 6 years ago

  • Status changed from Closed to Assigned

i see some issues with webapps. the UI does not look great, but also i am not sure what to put in the root path.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/364883/Screenshots/w3gi.png

can we help the user with this somehow to make it less confusing?

#9 Updated by bigfoot65 over 6 years ago

Agreed. Maybe put an example in the instructions or next to each field the user will populate.

I think it looks too cluttered with all the instructions. When the user enters the name, the path should be pre-populated with the default path. For example, app name is test and the path would default to /var/hda/web-apps/test.

#10 Updated by bigfoot65 over 6 years ago

Also noticed once you create a web app, if you select the link for it an page opens with the following error.

The requested URL /maint.php was not found on this server.

#11 Updated by agmps17 over 6 years ago

Please reinstall the app, and test. Made the needful changes.

#12 Updated by bigfoot65 over 6 years ago

Tested and all appears to work correctly. I created a new app and it prepopulated the path. I was able to change the path as well.

When selecting the URL, the page now goes to the root folder page.

#13 Updated by agmps17 over 6 years ago

  • Status changed from Assigned to Feedback
  • Assignee changed from agmps17 to bigfoot65

#14 Updated by bigfoot65 over 6 years ago

Everything works as I posted previously. Just to make sure I didn't miss any changes, I uninstalled and reinstalled.

#15 Updated by bigfoot65 over 6 years ago

  • Assignee changed from bigfoot65 to agmps17

bigfoot65 wrote:

Everything works as I posted previously. Just to make sure I didn't miss any changes, I uninstalled and reinstalled.

#16 Updated by bigfoot65 over 5 years ago

  • Status changed from Feedback to Closed

This was corrected in the webapps plugin.

If we want this as a standard part of Amahi, maybe it should be installed by default.

Also available in: Atom