amahi icons and branding
so far i see a couple of things we will have to replace, as far as branding icons for the app.
besides all the other ones for the store, etc. we have:
- top icon while the app is open (currently a droid with a cube in the belly)
- app icon (currently plain droid)
this is something i can contribute to the app. please let me know what the requirements are.
there apparently was a leak (according to artur) that the guidelines will change in the next google io. maybe we can wait until then, but it seems so far away .. i would like to do a beta to others sooner than that!
#1 Updated by ming almost 7 years ago
Let’s name things first. The top icon is a logo, the app icon is a launcher icon.
Sizes. We need HDPI, XHDPI and XXHDPI for both icons. Exact sizes in pixels are here, look for the table.
Logo. It is more complex. For sizes look for the action bar column at the table I mentioned above. The logo should be monochrome and completely flat. If we going to use colored action bar (probably we will) the logo should be white. For examples look at the Google Music and Google Books. It is not documented yet, but commonly used.
#6 Updated by cpg over 6 years ago
- when there is nothing in a folder: we should definitely not use words. rather than emtpy we can put a large greyed out icon of something that denotes there are none, or an amahi logo
- LAN mode vs. Remote mode: a LAN icon vs. a Satellite icon (i suggested this before)
- one icon to launch preferences (when we have them)
- one icon to log out
- maybe one for feedback .. (once we add a simple way to add feedback)
Also available in: Atom