New ownCloud Release 7.0.5
Please package and I will test.
- LDAP user cleanup
- Add note about external user app to config.sample.php
- Fix creation of ghost directories in certain situations
- Fixes for password protected links
- Fix upgrade with LDAP in certain situations
- Fix Server2Server sharing if trailing slashes are missing
- add config-option for an image's maximum file size when generating previews
- Increase initial user count in user management to 50
- Note in config.sample.php that certain previews are not available on Windows
- Drop useless "No reuse of etag" log output
- Fix retrieval of LDAP user group in certain situations
- Better cleanup temporary files
- Show spinner on file upload in IE8 and IE9
- Fix links to app store
- Return real mime type in PROPFIND
- Check if files are deletable before trying to delete them
- Several security fixes. (Will be disclosed 2 weeks after the release)
- Several smaller fixes
PS: I recommend that this be the last version 7 release Amahi supports. ownCloud apps are quickly being updated in some cases to only support version 8.
#3 Updated by northridgegrp over 4 years ago
- Assignee changed from northridgegrp to bigfoot65
Sigh I really wish they would learn how to test "carefully". I watched the process for the latest ownCloud update releases and it seems they were in a rush. I also wish they would learn from the Fedora Community, if things don't seem right don't release until the basic features (which should be show stoppers) are functioning correctly. One of the basic features for ownCloud in this release is not working, sharing. They did this before back in release 5. I thought they has this licked back in release 6, now I see they are back to their bad habits, rush rush rush in order to meet release dates! I did successfully upgrades from 7.0.4 to ownCloud releases 8.0.0 and 8.0.2. Even though release 8.0.2 has a bad habit of not allowing the enabling of some core applications, BUT sharing still functioned!
So I think we should call it a day. My recommendation is that we no longer entertain updates for ownCloud 7 and hold at release 7.0.4, it's are solid point release.
What do you guys think?
Also available in: Atom