App Install Failures
I think I may have figured out how this error occurs.
1. The user selects an app to install.
2. Then they get impatient, so they refresh the browser.
3. Next they select the app and choose Install again.
They may repeat this several times with the app eventually installing but in a bad way. I did a test with phpMyAdmin and ended up with duplicated installs of the app (5 total), but only one appears in the dashboard Installed tab.
I got many of the same Ruby errors we see in the Debug emails. I have attached them for your viewing pleasure.
#1 Updated by bigfoot65 over 5 years ago
This behavior may result from initial failed app installs as well.
The user would get the message the app failed to install. They would then refresh the browser and try again not realizing the mess left behind.In order to clean up, the following would need to be done:
- Remove DNS alias via dashboard (will delete row in database table dns_aliases)
- Delete row in database table (webapps)
- Delete ####-conf in /etc/httpd/conf.d and restart httpd
- Remove directory in /var/hda/web-apps
Also available in: Atom