Checklist for amahi 10 release
Amahi 10 Release¶
unlisted (so far) page to top page for Amahi 10 docs
- adding public key
- make user admin
- make sure admin cannot remove self from being admin
- shares area
- create a share, delete it
- set all permissions, test them (at the very least visually in /etc/samba/smb.conf)
- disks area
- shows right disks and partitions
- apps installation
- with server
- with share
- with database
- plugin-based apps
- network settings
- create alias
- create static IP
- go to settings, verify that you can change the DNS provider, including custom settingns
- in settings, verify that the lease time can be changed
- in settings, verify (quickly) that you can change the gateway
- settings area
- make sure the language can be changed
- make sure advanced settings work and other things show up in other tabs (e.g. shares -- suggest you open that one in a separate tab and refresh)
- make sure it's possible to restart the server and power it off
- make sure guest dashboard is accessible when the option is checked
- go to the themes subtab and change themes
- go to the servers area, and see if you can stop, restart, unmonitor and otherwise permanently stop a harmless server (not a critical server like hda-ctl, mysql, apache, etc.).
- make sure we check w3.org validation for all pages
#2 Updated by bigfoot65 over 4 years ago
The Amahi Initialization reflects the following:
Your client device is probably not using your HDA for DNS. We recommend <a href='https://wiki.amahi.org/index.php/Transition_to_Amahi' target='_blank'>the following</a> for best results
When selecting Network settings, the dashboard crashes and goes to the debug page.
The networking took 2 restarts to get working as well. Manually restarted it after initial restart, then apps and news feed showed up.
Only the File Server is now reflected in Servers section of Settings tab as expected. However, when upgrading platform from previous version, the MariaDB and Web server are still present. This will be an issue with upgrade from Amahi 9 to 10.
Not all pieces tested yet, but wanted to report these.
Also available in: Atom