MariaDB error during Amahi 10 Install
Two users (forum post https://forums.amahi.org/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=6878)recently identified an issue when installing Amahi 10 with Fedora 25 Netinstall CD:
ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'amahihda'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
I have tested and was able to reproduce the issue. I noticed today there was a MariaDB package update, which may be the cause.
Will test with the Fedora 25 DVD to see if the same issue exists.
#9 Updated by cpg over 3 years ago
- Status changed from Closed to Feedback
- Assignee changed from cpg to bigfoot65
After some deliberation, we released hda-ctl-10.2.0-1 which goes back to using "hda" as the default root password in new installs.
We may have to consider a couple of things:
- add provisions in the next hda-ctl to
1) update the root RB for users to the "hda" default it that was not it
2) periodically (every few hours?) check the cracklib plugin file in MariaDB in case it gets reinstalled (possibly updated too?), which will break all of Amahi
- maybe find out who installed over the weekend and consider reaching out
Updated the wiki for root password. Please update the rest and sorry.
Also available in: Atom