This is a rebuild of Amahi for CentOS 7. This is not related to platform, however it does rely on platform.
This bug will focus on rebuilds of hda-ctl. Updates will be posted to this bug.
#2 Updated by td512 about 2 years ago
why is the bug empty?
I have yet to test hda-ctl.
what is the "rebuild"?
it's a rebuild of all packages needed for Amahi to run on CentOS 7. RPMs can be found here: https://github.com/td512/Amahi-CentOS-7-RPMs
where is the patch?
Patches are done to hda-ctl before rebuilding the RPM. I've noticed some discrepancies that I'll submit a PR for once I've verified my patches work.
So far I've rebuilt bash, and ruby (and most of the gems). Progress is long and slow, but it's getting there!
#5 Updated by td512 about 2 years ago
- File Amahi-Login-CentOS.png View added
- File Amahi-Dash-CentOS.png View added
- File Amahi-CentOS-Settings.png View added
- Assignee changed from td512 to cpg
- Priority changed from Normal to Medium
- Target version set to amahi-10
Got it! Tests completed successfully!
It works... mostly (aside from the unknown-platform and unknown-hda-ctl). We should probably fix that. PR will be opened momentarily to allow hda-ctl to work on CentOS 7.
It would be nice if we had some text on the pages (while Amahi4CentOS is in the state it is) stating that it's running on Enterprise Linux, and to report feedback.
Aside from that, it's time for the community to test, and also for us to fix that unknown problem with platform and ctl.
Over to you, cpg. RPMs can be found here: https://github.com/td512/Amahi-CentOS-7-RPMs
#6 Updated by td512 about 2 years ago
- Status changed from Feedback to Assigned
As an extra note, here's how you get it installed.
- Install CentOS 7 like you would Fedora. Administrator user and complete setup.
- Install git and epel-release with `sudo yum -y install git epel-release`. This is only needed until we have a CentOS hda-release RPM that will pull that in automagically.
- Clone the repo with `git clone https://github.com/td512/Amahi-CentOS-7-RPMs`
- Finally, install it with `sudo yum localinstall Amahi-CentOS-7-RPMs/*/* --exclude=*debuginfo* -y`
Then you can continue on like normal.
Also available in: Atom