Project

General

Profile

Bug #2375

Home Assistant share / Webpage

Added by rhglass 7 months ago. Updated 21 days ago.

Status:
Closed
Priority:
Normal
Assignee:
Category:
-
Target version:
-
Start date:
12/23/2018
Due date:
% Done:

0%


Description

I been working on the home assistant app but have a few problem/changes

would like to have the config file to move to a share call homeassistant/config as this would make it easier for user to edit

have problems logging on after creating a user getting the following error message Unable to connect to Home Assistant.

but if I used hass:8123 it doesn't work but if I used the server IP address:8123 this works

would like to thanks Carlos for all this help yesterday

History

#1 Updated by bigfoot65 6 months ago

  • Status changed from New to Feedback
  • Assignee set to rhglass

Has this been resolved?

If not, for the issue with web access I would recommend you use the hass:.domain.name:8123. Often apps that operate on a non-standard port, the short URL does not work.

#2 Updated by cpg 6 months ago

Well, for systems where the DNS is set up properly, it ought to work. It worked on mine.

The proxying feature in Apache does work reliably, it's the DNS in the clients that I think may not always work well.

That said, I don't mind if we use the port for this app, but still, rather if it were clean.

#3 Updated by cpg 6 months ago

BTW, we're going to explore using https://traefik.io/ for a more flexible solution of routing webapps, though in all truth, DNS may still be the fly in the ointment.

#4 Updated by rhglass 6 months ago

cpg wrote:

BTW, we're going to explore using https://traefik.io/ for a more flexible solution of routing webapps, though in all truth, DNS may still be the fly in the ointment.

thanks for the update,I am still testing home assistant

#5 Updated by rhglass 6 months ago

  • Subject changed from Home Assistant to Home Assistant share / Webpage

bigfoot65 wrote:

Has this been resolved?

If not, for the issue with web access I would recommend you use the hass:.domain.name:8123. Often apps that operate on a non-standard port, the short URL does not work.

I try to change it like that this morning but did not work maybe I did something wrong

#6 Updated by bigfoot65 6 months ago

Just did a test install of the app and works fine for me.

Able to access the app via the dashboard link with no issue.

I did have to wait about 20-30 seconds for the service to start completely.

Otherwise I got the server error.

#7 Updated by rhglass 5 months ago

bigfoot65 wrote:

Just did a test install of the app and works fine for me.

Able to access the app via the dashboard link with no issue.

I did have to wait about 20-30 seconds for the service to start completely.

Otherwise I got the server error.

did you create a user Id and password but once you created them it will not log on afterwards

#8 Updated by rhglass about 2 months ago

  • Status changed from Feedback to Closed

this has been fixed with the summer of code 2019

#9 Updated by sanjitchak 21 days ago

Added :-

ProxyPreserveHost On
ProxyRequests off
ProxyPass /api/websocket ws://localhost:8123/api/websocket
ProxyPassReverse /api/websocket ws://localhost:8123/api/websocket
ProxyPass / http://localhost:8123/
ProxyPassReverse / http://localhost:8123/

in Custom Webapp Options and it got fixed.
Source:- [[https://www.home-assistant.io/docs/ecosystem/apache/]]

Also available in: Atom