Implement "Search box" in HDA
Fast PHP search function available from http://whoosh.ca/
This may be useful for speeding implementation.
Lucene is the other option (we tried it and it was too complex).
#3 Updated by cpg over 11 years ago
NOTE: we settled on the icons being 18x18 pixels and being png with transparent backgrounds.
here is a quick & dirty search implementation (very q&d - done while passing time watching a movie) for local files:
- minor cleanups
- searches files in shares only
- no checking for errors
- only first 10 results returned by the base engine, unranked
- testing under various conditions
- launching file: links properly for at least ie, maybe other browsers/OSs
- support regular expressions
- a billion other things
as for icons, the base theme should get them from here (not clear if the small or larger is better):
file types needed:
- doc, spreadsheet, presentation, ... the usual office suspects
- audio files (one for all best, probably)
- images (same?)
- text files
- everything else
if you don't want to install it, here is a screenshot:
#5 Updated by cpg over 11 years ago
some icons from gmw!
#8 Updated by Anonymous over 11 years ago
- Status changed from New to Feedback
Did testing on vista and xp and ubuntu linux, none of the OS's will open the any file type. Search does not bring all possible files. Example, before last update i did a search for "tool" the search returned doc, images and mp3. Now it only returns a few docs (odt, ods, xls) and no mp3s, not even under the audio search. Did another search for "greg" it returned a mp3 (which is correct) and some images.
Also available in: Atom