Project

General

Profile

Bug #2466

Mediawiki installs half way

Added by cpg 7 months ago. Updated 6 months ago.

Status:
Closed
Priority:
Normal
Assignee:
Category:
App Install
Target version:
-
Start date:
12/19/2021
Due date:
% Done:

0%


Description

After installing MediaWiki and working around the DNS issues in #2432, I got to a setup screen, with some general information, then this setup page, that is partially filled. I think should be pre-configured:

Database type:
 (X) MariaDB, MySQL, or compatible
 ( ) SQLite

MariaDB/MySQL settings

Database host: localhost

====== Identify this wiki

Database name (no hyphens): my_wiki

Database table prefix (no hyphens): _______

====== User account for installation

Database username: root

Database password: ____

History

#1 Updated by bigfoot65 7 months ago

I will have to check it out. The app is designed to do the install automatically.

#2 Updated by bigfoot65 7 months ago

Looks like I was updating the app and did not finish. I will work on it and let you know when completed.

#3 Updated by bigfoot65 6 months ago

  • Status changed from New to Feedback
  • Assignee set to cpg

Ok I finally finished the app update.

It should install and run as expected.

Please let me know if you encounter any issues.

#4 Updated by cpg 6 months ago

  • Status changed from Feedback to Assigned
  • Assignee changed from cpg to bigfoot65

It did a fresh install. The installer worked, but the UI showed it was installing.

There is also another DNS issue. There is a hardcoding of olympus.net somewhere. The main dashboard page works when accessed later but when trying to access the app, it goes to the right subdomain name at the wrong (hardwired) domain.

#5 Updated by bigfoot65 6 months ago

  • Status changed from Assigned to Feedback
  • Assignee changed from bigfoot65 to cpg

Oops, sorry forgot to update the script for the domain change. I installed it from my backup HDA.

Should be fixed now. Please uninstall and try it again.

#6 Updated by cpg 6 months ago

  • Status changed from Feedback to Closed

Perfectly working now. Great job!

#7 Updated by cpg 6 months ago

  • Status changed from Closed to Assigned
  • Assignee changed from cpg to bigfoot65

Spoke too soon. Installation works well, however, when using it, say, creating a MW link, I still get redirected to olympus.net, even though my own domain works well upon launching the app. Something may be lingering.

#8 Updated by bigfoot65 6 months ago

  • Status changed from Assigned to Feedback
  • Assignee changed from bigfoot65 to cpg

Please try again. Uninstall and reinstall. Apparently my sed in the script was off by a line :)

Should work now.

#9 Updated by cpg 6 months ago

  • Status changed from Feedback to Closed

Works well.

An unrelated thing is that I get this message as a popup on the screen on each attempt to edit a page.

Error contacting the Parsoid/RESTBase server (HTTP 404)
----
Cancel | Try again

Clicking on Cancel seems to make things continue as normal (in so far as I can tell).

Also available in: Atom