videos5 does not display any movies
i have a videos5 setup that does not display any movie files.
- i installed a new hda for a demo
- installed a few apps, videos5 included
- moved some files to the movies folder, including avi and encoded files (from another HDA)
- i force the finding of new file
- they displayed ok on a ipad
- powered off to move to the demo location
- powered on in the demo location offsite
- not sure if this may be related, but i had to do hda-change-gw to the new gw address in the new demo location
- ran apps, etc. all ok, except the standard shares did not show (seems unrelated)
- ran videos5 and it appears there are no videos5 files to play
i have the system still up for debugging.
the found files log still has all the files listed.
what can we do to debug this?
#1 Updated by cpg over 10 years ago
i see this in the error log. possibly related?
[Mon Jun 21 18:07:44 2010] [error] [client 192.168.32.105] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function mb_convert_encoding() in /var/hda/web-apps/videos5/html/index.php on line 1014, referer: http://videos5.home.com/?uu=2&p=%2F [Mon Jun 21 18:07:48 2010] [error] [client 192.168.32.105] PHP Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /var/hda/web-apps/videos5/html/index.php on line 1677, referer: http://videos5.home.com/
#2 Updated by gboudreau over 10 years ago
- Assignee changed from gboudreau to cpg
[gb@hda ~]$ rpm -q php-mbstring
This is listed as a dependency for the Videos5 app. So it should have been installed when the app was installed.
This is the package that adds the mb_convert_encoding() function to PHP.
#3 Updated by cpg over 10 years ago
k, yeah stuff is missing:
mplayer and php-mbstring were not installed!
the only unusual message in the installer is
no crontab for apache
This may be due to being the first thing that adds things to apache's crontab.
however, mplayer is not even in the repos, so i am guessing Videos5 may need rpmfusion as an app dependency?
#4 Updated by gboudreau over 10 years ago
The no crontab message should be ok.
Confirm there are videos5 lines in apache crontab after install:
crontab -u apache -l
mplayer: I don't know in what repo it is. Might be rpmfusion indeed; definitively not in the fedora repos.
I'd guess that would have triggered an error in the install log (missing dependency...)
Not sure why the php_mbstring wouldn't get installed.
Also available in: Atom