Project

General

Profile

Bug #690

mediatomb: Media Server Error: A network error has occurred (000000)

Added by cpg over 9 years ago. Updated over 9 years ago.

Status:
Closed
Priority:
Normal
Assignee:
Category:
-
Target version:
-
Start date:
12/08/2010
Due date:
% Done:

0%


Description

when trying to play an mkv file with the PS3, using mediatomb as the media server, it shows the following error on the ps3 screen:

Media Server Error: A network error has occurred (000000)

other files like avi and m4v files work fine.

History

#1 Updated by cpg over 9 years ago

  • Status changed from New to Assigned
  • Assignee set to SolaR

#2 Updated by cpg over 9 years ago

after attempting to play the file and getting the error, i checked the /var/log/mediatomb log and i see this:

2010-12-08 11:23:50    INFO: Arguments: %in %out
2010-12-08 11:24:05    INFO: Arguments: %in %out
2010-12-08 11:28:54    INFO: Arguments: %in %out

not much to go by ... any way to turn on more debugging?

#3 Updated by SolaR over 9 years ago

The transcoding script does also some logging.

Check /var/log/mediatomb-transcode.log if that can shed some light on the subject.

#4 Updated by chucara over 9 years ago

I have succesfully played an .mkv file for roughly 20 minutes today:

Info on file:
Video: V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC
Audio1: A_DTS
Audio2: A_AC3

Normal log:
2010-12-07 20:25:55 INFO: Arguments: %in %out
2010-12-08 14:10:55 INFO: Arguments: %in %out
2010-12-08 14:10:58 INFO: Arguments: %in %out
2010-12-08 14:35:06 INFO: Arguments: %in %out
2010-12-08 14:35:08 INFO: Arguments: %in %out

There was no transcode log.

#5 Updated by chucara over 9 years ago

Downloaded GI JOE trailer from http://www.divx.com/en/electronics/solutions/high-definition/divx-plus-hd/video

Plays without incident for me, but cpg still has issues.

Related stuff I have installed that isn't part of the default Amahi setup:

tsMuxer: http://www.videohelp.com/tools/tsMuxeR
mkvtoolnix: http://www.videohelp.com/tools/MKVtoolnix
dcadec: http://www.videolan.org/developers/libdca.html
aften: http://aften.sourceforge.net/

#6 Updated by SolaR over 9 years ago

I think it has something to do with the buffer settings.
Can you do the following:

On line 163 in /etc/mediatomb/config.xml
Change

<buffer size="1048576" chunk-size="131072" fill-size="262144"/>

into

<buffer size="10485760" chunk-size="262144" fill-size="524288"/>

and restart mediatomb

service mediatomb restart

This will cause the video to load a little slower (the buffer needs to be filled) but may be more forgiving when dealing with a busy hda/network/etc

#7 Updated by SolaR over 9 years ago

Ok, did some tests myself (on an old XBox) but mkv and wmv didn't work for me either. For mkv sound is ok but picture can't keep up and for wmv it tries to transcode it but never starts, which leds me to believe it's something to do with codecs. I've got reports from people for who it does work, though.

Test of cpg gave the following output:

2010/12/11 14:12:30 Starting MediaTomb Multifunctional Transcoder (version 0.12).
2010/12/11 14:12:30 MKV file specified: "/mnt/media/movies/HD/GIJoeTheRiseOfCobraTrailer-DivXPlusHD.mkv" 
2010/12/11 14:12:30 No subtitles found, or subtitle rendering disabled.
2010/12/11 14:12:30 Logging mediainfo XML to /tmp/tmp.mediainfo.th6RzK.
2010/12/11 14:12:31 Variables found: AVC | AAC | 1 280 | 23.976 | 40 |
2010/12/11 14:12:31 Mode is 11.
2010/12/11 14:12:31 Starting exec:
2010/12/11 14:12:31 -i "/mnt/media/movies/HD/GIJoeTheRiseOfCobraTrailer-DivXPlusHD.mkv"  -acodec ac3 
-ab 384k -vcodec copy -vbsf h264_mp4toannexb -f mpegts -y /tmp/mt_transcode_X5CSNV &>/dev/null
2010/12/11 14:12:30 Starting MediaTomb Multifunctional Transcoder (version 0.12).
2010/12/11 14:12:30 MKV file specified: "/mnt/media/movies/HD/GIJoeTheRiseOfCobraTrailer-DivXPlusHD.mkv" 
2010/12/11 14:12:30 No subtitles found, or subtitle rendering disabled.
2010/12/11 14:12:30 Logging mediainfo XML to /tmp/tmp.mediainfo.k33opc.
2010/12/11 14:12:30 Variables found: AVC | AAC | 1 280 | 23.976 | 40 |
2010/12/11 14:12:30 Mode is 11.
2010/12/11 14:12:30 Starting exec:
2010/12/11 14:12:30 -i "/mnt/media/movies/HD/GIJoeTheRiseOfCobraTrailer-DivXPlusHD.mkv"  -acodec ac3 
-ab 384k -vcodec copy -vbsf h264_mp4toannexb -f mpegts -y /tmp/mt_transcode_PUWLNV &>/dev/null
2010/12/11 14:12:14 Starting MediaTomb Multifunctional Transcoder (version 0.12).
2010/12/11 14:12:14 MKV file specified: "/mnt/media/movies/HD/GIJoeTheRiseOfCobraTrailer-DivXPlusHD.mkv" 
2010/12/11 14:12:14 No subtitles found, or subtitle rendering disabled.
2010/12/11 14:12:14 Logging mediainfo XML to /tmp/tmp.mediainfo.7NnciE.
2010/12/11 14:12:14 Variables found: AVC | AAC | 1 280 | 23.976 | 40 |
2010/12/11 14:12:14 Mode is 11.
2010/12/11 14:12:14 Starting exec:
2010/12/11 14:12:14 -i "/mnt/media/movies/HD/GIJoeTheRiseOfCobraTrailer-DivXPlusHD.mkv"  
-acodec ac3 -ab 384k -vcodec copy -vbsf h264_mp4toannexb -f mpegts -y /tmp/mt_transcode_FOPUNV &>/dev/null

which is good. No problems there.

http://fpaste.org/vMA8/ transcode.log
http://fpaste.org/8Nmo/ mediatomb.log

#8 Updated by cpg over 9 years ago

  • Status changed from Assigned to Closed

dumb cpg did not have ffmpeg installed!

closing!

Also available in: Atom