DLNA on Fedora 14
I tried to install miniDLNA on fedora 14 and I encounter a few issues. In the end I managed to make it work but the 1 click installer is not working.
Here are the steps I followed.
1. Installed RMPfusion (free), according to the logfile application was installed
2. Installed RMPfusion (non-free), according to the logfile application was installed
3. Installed miniDLNA, according to the logfile application was also installed
Now here are the problems:
4. I went to the servers tab in the dashboard and the DLNA server is stopped.
5. I tried to start the DLNA server without success.
6. Went to a terminal and ran "service amahi-dlna start", with the result "no such service".
7. In terminal I also ran "rpm -q amahi-dlna" and I received the message "package amahi-dlna is not installed"
8. Apparently the DLNA didn;t installed correctly.
to solve this problem I did the following:
9. In terminal I did " yum install amahi-dlna" got error about package not being signed
10. In terminal I did " yum install --nogpgcheck amahi-dlna" and amahi-dlna was installed succesfully.
The list of all reguired dependencies is in the attached file
After this I was able to start and stop the server from the dashboard and the DLNA server worked fine with WMC.
I hope all this help you make the one click install work.
Also available in: Atom