Project

General

Profile

Bug #924

mount_shares_locally Script

Added by bigfoot65 over 8 years ago. Updated over 8 years ago.

Status:
Closed
Priority:
Normal
Assignee:
Category:
-
Target version:
-
Start date:
06/14/2012
Due date:
% Done:

0%


Description

The guidance in the wiki needs updated to reflect Ubuntu procedure as well. It is a different script file and there are a few depends (curl and cifs-utils) that need to be installed.

It still was not working quite right for me. It mounted shares, but gave a warning. I failed to record it, but will add it here next time I test.

mount_shares_locally - Working script (2.43 KB) smccloud, 06/26/2012 12:14 PM

History

#1 Updated by cpg over 8 years ago

  • Status changed from New to Assigned
  • Assignee set to cpg

#2 Updated by bigfoot65 over 8 years ago

This is the error reflected when restarting the script:

  • Unmounting locally mounted Samba shares... umount: /mnt/samba/printers: not mounted
  • Mounting Samba shares locally... mount error(2): No such file or directory
    Refer to the mount.cifs(8) manual page (e.g. man mount.cifs)

When doing an initial start, the printer error message is not shown. It seems CUPS is not installed by default, so not sure if that will be needed.

#3 Updated by smccloud over 8 years ago

The problem is, the script is trying to mount the printers & print$ share when you can't actually mount them. I am attempting to work around this but have nothing yet.

#4 Updated by smccloud over 8 years ago

Please see attached script. It will check to see if the current directory is equal to printers or print$ and delete it if it is. Not the most ideal solution, but w/o reading from the DB its the best solution I can come up with.

#5 Updated by guerilla over 8 years ago

if it helps i have used the revised script and all seems to work correctly

#6 Updated by Darkside138 over 8 years ago

Used this updated script on my fresh Ubuntu 12.04 Amahi install and the mounted shares seem to be working just fine.

#7 Updated by cpg over 8 years ago

  • Status changed from Assigned to Closed

I did the following:

  • took the user "shaun" out of the script
  • put a note to replace the username
  • updated the location to be dl.amahi.org, and
  • updated the wiki

thanks for the patch! closing.

Also available in: Atom