From 10/14/2010 to 11/12/2010
- 08:23 PM Feature #677 (Closed): Localized named configs added to generation of named.conf
- Applied in changeset commit:"f3e21c75a9f4141ca20813ff238a79a339808c5c".
- 08:14 PM Bug #667 (Assigned): Modifying the window width of the Dashboard effects the layout
- typo in commit accidentally closed this bug.
this is a good suggestion, reopening!
- 08:06 PM Bug #667 (Closed): Modifying the window width of the Dashboard effects the layout
- Applied in changeset commit:"7436e4caa4f3c324644c6b950f83186aa56a2d2c".
- 12:29 AM Feature #677 (Closed): Localized named configs added to generation of named.conf
- If a localized named.conf.local exists as "/etc/named.conf.local" include it in the generated /etc/named.conf.
- 11:20 AM Bug #646: System install drive filling up even though it isn't part of the Greyhole pool
- i am a little bit confused. On my server Greyhle wont start to move files around after the first file is done. It wai...
- 07:20 AM Feature #668: NTP configuration
- Oh, you can always configure the NTP client via System > Administration > Date & Time
But this still only makes Am...
- 06:59 AM Feature #668: NTP configuration
The NTP setup from the install is NOT adequate. That only gets the system as an NTP client, not an NTP...
- 06:33 AM Feature #668: NTP configuration
- I installed via the ExpressCD and was never offered an option to setup NTP, and the installation once complete had no...
- 05:42 AM Feature #668: NTP configuration
- I have configured NTP servers. The files you need to touch are:
- 04:57 AM Feature #668: NTP configuration
- This is a step that should be completed during the initial Fedora install (see http://forums.amahi.org/viewtopic.php?...
- 02:06 AM Feature #668 (New): NTP configuration
- Currently if you want your Amahi HDA to maintain accurate time you need to configure NTP manually.
Please add this...
- 05:33 AM Feature #645: Connectivity status of static ip'd machines
- Check out the fping utility. Install with
yum install fping
This will give you a list of all systems active i...
- 04:45 AM Feature #670: Easy pinning for fixed IP's
- Note that there is available the list of DHCP lease allocations. Depending on lease length, this will give you a goo...
- 03:07 AM Feature #670 (New): Easy pinning for fixed IP's
- On the screen that allows static IP addresses to be allocated, show a table of all known current IP's/MAC not current...
- 04:40 AM Bug #669: potential DHCP and default gateway IP class
- See bug 337.
It is better to give more flexiblity to the DHCP range than to block out one address for ANY system w...
- 02:30 AM Bug #669 (New): potential DHCP and default gateway IP class
- If the users default gateway/router has an IP address inside the default pool range for new DHCP leases, that address...
- 10:30 PM Bug #667 (Assigned): Modifying the window width of the Dashboard effects the layout
- These are only cosmetic problems but could affect people's perception of the server.
The warning class in the main...
- 03:15 AM Feature #665: Login server
- It depends on the level of expertise you require, I would say I have some working knowledge, my expertise is in datab...
- 10:41 PM Feature #665: Login server
- there is someone working on an ldap server interface.
however, this is a lot of pieces to put together and test.
- 07:28 PM Bug #666: In PDC mode, when deleting a user, also delete the profile
- It is a rather deep directory, as this is what is c:\Documents and Settings\user
So it HAS to be deleted recursive...
- 06:41 PM Bug #666: In PDC mode, when deleting a user, also delete the profile
- is /var/hda/domain-settings/profiles/user a directory?
is destroying it recursively OK?
- 06:20 PM Bug #666 (New): In PDC mode, when deleting a user, also delete the profile
- Amahi supports roaming profiles in the /var/hda/domain-settings/profiles/ directory.
So when deleting a user and i...
- 06:52 PM Feature #657 (Closed): Support per user logon scripts
- Applied in changeset commit:"1ba1ed38f1a5abd40d620f0b0ba3d69262ddb457".
- 06:08 PM Feature #657: Support per user logon scripts
- OK this works.
I do have to modify the share.rb as per bug 656 (I use h: for my home share and q: for Quicken:) )....
- 05:47 PM Feature #657: Support per user logon scripts
- latest is this:
- 05:24 PM Feature #657: Support per user logon scripts
- # rpm -Uvh http://alpha.amahi.org/tmp/hda-platform-5.6-3.noarch.rpm
- 05:23 PM Feature #657: Support per user logon scripts
- new release:
logon.bat is now root:root and per...
- 04:26 PM Feature #657: Support per user logon scripts
- > I would recommend that the user.bat files only have: logon.bat in them (with comments)
i dunno what "comments" c...
- 06:16 AM Feature #657: Support per user logon scripts
- Here are my observations.
I did not test this on a server NOT configured as a PDC, so I don't know if it behaves p...
- 02:23 PM Feature #665 (New): Login server
- A request for an out the box solution that allows Linux and Windows clients to authenticate centrally against LDAP/Ra...
- 10:39 AM Feature #310: easily customizeable user "home page" modeled after Google Sites
- For starters make it possible to turn off the news feed.
- 04:15 AM Feature #657 (Feedback): Support per user logon scripts
- 04:15 AM Feature #657: Support per user logon scripts
- Here is a possible fix. username.bat files are created when a user is created, from the logon.bat.
They are never ...
- 03:41 PM Bug #458: some servers may not have a pid file need option to not hook them to watchdog
- Is the above symlink still in the RPM? I can't see it on either my test system or my production box.
While not te...
- 02:21 PM Bug #662 (Closed): Need for admin users when in PDC mode
- Applied in changeset commit:"db0314348ee9c242a734315a0df07265f24e5dde".
- 06:35 AM Bug #662 (Resolved): Need for admin users when in PDC mode
- This is working as needed to the best of my testing ability.
So please roll it out, and then I can push out some c...
- 04:56 AM Bug #662: Need for admin users when in PDC mode
- This version adds and removes users to the admin setting for samba when they are set or unset as admins:
- 07:46 PM Bug #662: Need for admin users when in PDC mode
- If I force an update of smb.conf by changing a share, I see the new smb.conf and it has a 'proper' 'admin users =' li...
- 06:19 PM Bug #662: Need for admin users when in PDC mode
- allright, found another small issue and rolled in bug #653 ... please use
- 06:15 PM Bug #662: Need for admin users when in PDC mode
- in an email i said: change anything in the shares area: make one share read only and revert it back, change the name ...
- 05:55 PM Bug #662: Need for admin users when in PDC mode
- I can't test this until you tell me how to get the share.rb to execute.
And how about rolling in bug #653, it is a s...
- 02:21 PM Bug #653 (Closed): Error in logon home string for PDC mode
- Applied in changeset commit:"db0314348ee9c242a734315a0df07265f24e5dde".
- 10:06 AM Bug #653 (Resolved): Error in logon home string for PDC mode
- Fixed with:
- 06:17 PM Bug #653: Error in logon home string for PDC mode
- here we go - sorry, i have been very busy lately
- 02:14 PM Feature #657: Support per user logon scripts
- If they do not exist create them. That is do not override what an admin may have pre-created.
I have created them...
- 01:42 PM Feature #657: Support per user logon scripts
- if these are editable by someone, is that not an issue if we generate them automatically?
or is a better rule that...
- 01:10 PM Feature #657: Support per user logon scripts
- When per user login is enabled create %U.bat files for all current users with the content of:
- 04:38 PM Bug #662: Need for admin users when in PDC mode
- version 27 had a bug.
please use this:
- 03:50 PM Bug #662: Need for admin users when in PDC mode
- What did you change?
I downloaded the rpm and did a yum localupdate with it. Then I looked at the share.rb file t...
- 03:26 PM Bug #662 (Feedback): Need for admin users when in PDC mode
- that is a quick one. try this platform:
you should see ...
- 02:54 PM Bug #662 (Closed): Need for admin users when in PDC mode
- Need to add the smb.conf line of:
admin users = u, v, w
Where u, v, w are the admin users.
Some functions ca...
- 02:03 PM Feature #658: Support customization of smb.conf
- Oh, the proper syntax is:
include = /path/to/smb-custom.conf
- 01:36 PM Feature #658 (New): Support customization of smb.conf
- And an INCLUDE into /etc/samba/smb.conf at the end of the [Global] section. For example:
- 01:45 PM Feature #659 (New): Support different server name than HDA
- Allow for server name other than HDA.
This will allow for more than one server per Workgroup or Domain.
- 01:30 PM Feature #657 (Closed): Support per user logon scripts
- Once PDC is selected, allow for global or per user logon scripts. For the former it remains:
logon script = logon...
- 01:25 PM Feature #656 (New): Allow user selection of Home directory share
- Provide a field on the shares settings screen to specify the home directory share letter.
This would effect the:
- 08:44 PM Bug #653 (Closed): Error in logon home string for PDC mode
- The following makes mounting the home share on my XP Pro system work.
logon home = \\hda\%u
- 02:16 PM Bug #651: Editting the domain DB setting results in phpmyadmin not accessable
- we have never supporting changing the domain.
partly because noone has done the tedious work of going through this...
- 08:45 AM Bug #651 (New): Editting the domain DB setting results in phpmyadmin not accessable
- Using phpmyadmin, I edited the domain row in the settings table, changing the value from home.htt to home.htt-consult...
- 08:51 AM Bug #652 (New): Dashboard search can't open or save files with some browsers
When using the the dashboard search: The ability to open or save the files that are found, depends on the browser y...
- 08:37 AM Bug #650 (Feedback): Duplicate rows in settings table
- On a clean install a number of rows in the settings table are duplicated. Like firewall, PDC, debug, workgroup
Also available in: Atom