OpenDocMan is a full featured Web-based document management system designed to conform to ISO 17025/IEC. It features automatic installation, file expiration, multiple version handling, file check-in/out, departmental access control, file moderation, fine grained user access control, email notificaiton and a great search function. Written in PHP, and utilizing MySQL for the backend, this project is useful for any company looking to keep their documentation in a centralized repository.
- Check-in and Check-out files - This provides file locking so that no two persons can update the same file at the same time
- Search Engine - Keyword search helps locate documents quickly
- Multiple Users, Departments, and Categories - The system allows for an unlimited number of these elements
- File Moderation - Allows for departmental "reviewers" to authorize or decline files for publication to the repository. Can be turned off.
- Email Notification - The system has a built in email notification system for file authorization process
- Fine Grained Access - Ability to control read/write/admin/forbidden permissions for individual files based on users or groups or both.
- File History - Provides a history of actions taken upon a file
- Admin and Root users - Each installation can have any number of "admin" users, who can create users, categories, etc.. One "root" user can do all.
- Multiple Document Versions - Instead of overwriting a document when a new version is added, the old versions are kept, so there is a traceable change path.
- Archiving function for deleted files - Files that are deleted are now put into an "archive" state and can be left there, un-archived, or permanently deleted.
- Bookmarkable URL's - You can bookmark a page in OpenDocMan and email it to a co-worker, etc..
- Breakcrumb Navigation - As you navigate through the site, breadcrumb links are generated to aid in backward navigation.
- File Expiration - Files can be set to automatically expire after a definable period. The expiration action can be one of either Remove from file list until renewed, Show in file list but non-checkoutable, Send email to reviewer only, or Do Nothing.
|Updated||about 2 years ago|
|Tags||document repository, dms, docuiment archiving|
Want to add your own app or package your favorite app here? Become a contributor and submit apps!