Piwigo is a photo gallery software for the web that comes with powerful features to publish and manage your collection of pictures. This scalability is supported by smart browsing capabilities based on categories, tags and chronological search. Various extensions make Piwigo even more scalable and customizable to suit your own needs and desires. Piwigo is both web and photo standard compliant.
- Select your photos from your computer, and transfer them to your gallery with pLoader, the remote client for Piwigo. You can also perform FTP in-bulk upload, then use the synchronize function of the gallery administration. Piwigo can bring together photos coming from several servers in a completely transparent way for end users.
- Distribute the photos among your categories. The category tree depth is unlimited, and a photo can belong to several categories. Virtual categories let you structure your gallery without worrying about the directories structure. From anywhere along the tree, visitors can flatten the structure from the current level to the bottom, and view all the photos below the current category. And you can set permissions on each category to fine tune your gallery for each user.
- Tags provide another convenient way to browse through your photos. Start from the tags cloud and refine the photos selection with multiple related tags, or choose a tag from a photo and broaden your outlook. For example, the "Paris" tag will return 183 photos; if you add the "night" tag, the set will decrease to 45 photos. Add the "Sylvia" tag and only 5 photos will remain, showing Sylvia smiling in Paris streets at night. Tag browsing let you add and remove tags at your own convenience, even on whim.
- Keep track of the time, using the chronological view. Cameras record the time a photo is taken in the picture's metadata (EXIF). Piwigo retrieves this date and gets the most of it : browse the photos of your trip day after day, or from month to month, and display your photos' calendar.
- Skim through the best rated and the most seen photos. Rediscover forgotten photos with the random set feature. Piwigo provides a multiple criteria search engine to help you find what you are looking for. Visitors can also turn on the slideshow on any photo set. Everybody can read the comments from a dedicated, filter-capable page.
- Add users yourself or let them register, grant them permissions on photos and categories to filter your audience. Your users can get notified of news by email or RSS feed. You can create groups to make permissions management simpler. Several user levels are available : visitor, generic, member, administrator, webmaster. Get feedback from your visitors: turn on user comments and rating on your gallery and don't worry about SPAM, we use advanced techniques to filter them.
- Piwigo reads photo metadata such as EXIF and IPTC, and can store them in its database. For example, you can use IPTC to to fill in the photo description and author. Piwigo can display any of the photo technical settings recorded in the EXIF metadata by the camera (aperture, shutter speed, ISO, etc).
- Piwigo can render meaningful URLs including tag/category/photo names, which improves search engines work and increases your pagerank.
- Administrators will have the benefit of the visits history, turned into nice statistics and available for periods of time from one hour to a year. Visits history can also be filtered, so one can see visits on a chosen photo, the high resolution downloads only, or visits between two specific dates.
- Piwigo comes with localization features. To make it simple, your website can be published in several different languages. Included by default are English, FranÃƒÂ§ais, Deutsch, EspaÃƒÂ±ol, Italiano, Netherlands, Portuguese, Dansk, Cesky, Polski and Hrvatski. Other languages will come as extensions and may be integrated in standard release.
- Themes and templates allow to customize the presentation. Themes control colors and icons, while templates allow for deeper changes like page layout. No need to understand the PHP core coding, templates are nearly only HTML and themes are mainly CSS stylesheets. Share your templates and themes in the extension manager, and make the community grow.
- A web API is available and allow you to perform requests and administration from other applications. For example, you can add categories or fetch a search result from another PHP tool like a blog or a forum.
|Updated||about 5 years ago|
|Tags||photo, gallery, library, sharing, online|
Want to add your own app or package your favorite app here? Become a contributor and submit apps!